Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to stop by and wish you all a Happy Mother's Day.



Made with Everyday Bliss by Captivated Visions. She was so very gracious to gift me a $10 GC on NSD and I had so much fun shopping in her store, she has beautiful stuff. In fact, I had a problem checking out and I had to email her and the email didn't get to her, and when I emailed her back again, she fixed the order, apologized for the inconvenience many times even though it wasn't her fault, and gave me another coupon to get more beautiful stuff in her store. I'm definitely a repeat customer!

Isaac and I went outside yesterday to get some fresh air and have a little fun. He had a ton of fun - me not so much. Apparently with the slightly unseasonable cold weather that blew in this weekend, also blew in something that I'm extremely allergic to. I can barely breathe and my chest feels like it's going to cave in. Last night when I laid in bed all I wanted was my blanket and some Vicks. Unfortunately we didn't have any. In fact we really don't have anything. We have a few of the knock-off daytime pills so I might take one of those in a bit, but I'm hesitant because a few times I've taken them they've made me drowsy. And a nap with this child is just not possible - I'm terrified of what I'd wake up to.

Also in good news...Heath was asked yesterday to become the new assistant manager. Now we're trying not to get our hopes up because of previous letdowns. But I have to say, this time it looks like it's actually going to happen. Their current assistant manager - well I won't give details, but he was doing some unsavory things apparently. He wasn't fired, but yesterday he informed the district manager that today (Sunday) would be his last day. He said he was "tired of Love's". My guess is that he's found a new job and they want him to start immediately, but I'm only guessing on that. Heath's boss says that if he decides Monday he wants to continue working, that Heath is to send him home and have him call her or the district manager. As of Monday, Heath should be the new assistant manager. We're not throwing a party yet, but it just feels like this time, it's actually going to happen.

My plan for today is to pull out my jewelry and make some things for my mother and grandmother for Mother's Day. I plan to make my mom a full set - necklace, earrings, bracelet, and a wrapped ring. That's the plan anyway, we'll see how that goes. I also plan to try to do some scrapping - probably no working for me except advertising the last day of my sale. I wish I could scrap on my laptop, curled up under a blanket and watch TV, but Photoshop on my laptop is acting up again. I think my laptop must not have enough space to run it or something. I tried to install Photoshop Elements 6 instead, but the laptop won't load that disc. It loads just fine on the desktop, but won't load on the laptop, so my guess is that the CD drive went out on it. I rarely use CDs for anything but I haven't had any success loading any CDs on it lately. I am so looking forward to a new laptop. I'm trying to convince Heath that with his first bonus (if he makes assistant manager, it's coming up in June) he should get my laptop instead of getting a new desktop. I don't think he's going for it, because he found a new desktop tower that he wants that's like, super high tech (to me anyway). You can even plug in something to watch TV on your computer with picture-in-picture. The thought of me watching TV on my computer while scrapping is kind of weird - but I think something I could get used to very quickly lol.

I mentioned before that Isaac and I went outside yesterday to get some fresh air - while I didn't have too much fun because I was freezing cold, with a runny and raw nose, I did get the chance to take some pictures. I wanted some cute pictures of Isaac for Mother's Day, to make that card above. Typical kid - when I asked for a little attention and a smile, he had to start acting goofy.









But eventually, when you're patient enough, you get something super sweet.



Don't let the cute face fool you. See that look? It means "I may be cute Mom, but I'm inherently naughty."

Today I'm finishing up some things on the blog here - there's not too much to finish up, just a few odds and ends. My EHD is still not up and running, so some things will not be able to be done until I can get that back because 99% of the stuff I have is on that.

That's all for me today, I need to get started if I want to get all those things done today, so again Happy Mother's Day to all of you and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful mothers day card I love the paper layering behind the photo it looks really pretty. I'm so glad that you were happy with your order in the end :)

    Sorry to hear you are suffering with your allergies, I hope you feel better soon, I have pollen allergy and it's awful!

    Loved the photo's you took of Isaac they are very cute! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete